?

Log in

Clever got you this far...

> recent entries
> calendar
> friends
> profile
> previous 20 entries

Thursday, December 29th, 2005
12:45 pm

wsbsdrewnelson
The path of life is built around regrets. Everyone makes mistakes. A life without regrets is bullshit.

Regrets are just memories of situations you wish you had handled differently. The mistakes have already been made, so all that's really left is memory. What you do with that memory is up to you. You could waste your time dwelling, or you can let it remind you of why you have changed because of it, and move on.

I wouldn't change the past if I could, because that would unmake the present. No matter what becomes the past, there will still be the future. Life is still happening. No matter how hard you try, it's not going to leave you behind.

(comment on this)

11:57 am

wsbsdrewnelson
In the wake of every rockstar, there are countless failures, burnouts, junkies, terminal patients, and unwanted children for whom abuse and addiction could not be conquered. Many were too naive to see their path plunging towards the bottom. Some were just kids longing for adulthood, only to have it thrust upon them with no chance to backtrack.

Our breed grows up too fast. Instead of being treated like children, we chose to thrust ourselves into adulthood. We are the product of dysfunctional families and antiquated values, yet we rebel by voting conservative. I consider us lucky. Not only do we have the sensibilities of being a "grown-up", we now have the means to be the kids we never were, and we surround ourselves with our own.

What separates the rockstars from the rest? Drive. We may not be there yet, but our one common trait is determination. Nay, we may join the majority one day, but it won't be by choice. As far as we are concerned, we will be rockstars, and we'll look back on these days with fond memories of our chemical muses.

(comment on this)

Wednesday, December 28th, 2005
9:58 pm - The Rockstar Creed

wsbsdrewnelson
In order to embrace life, you must first embrace death.

Every life-changing event comes as a revelation to me. As I open my mind (in more ways than one) to new ideas, occasionally one of them will hit me like a hit. I become awestruck. "Wow. I've never thought of it like that before!" My philosophy is changed instantly. If I'm debating someone, I enthusiastically concede defeat. If that someone is female and attractive, I get incredibly aroused... and considering my aforementioned enthusiasm, defeat can be very satisfying.

I am going to die.

The statement by itself is very open-ended. I have no idea what will ultimately kill me. I do, however, know that a lot of things could kill me. I avoid smoking cigarettes and driving drunk for that reason. Cigarettes don't bother me-- should you choose to end your life slowly by destroying your lungs or overstimulating your heart... sure, I've got a light. I'd just prefer not to die like that, and I'd rather avoid another habit that's so bad for my health. I can choose not to die from stuff like that. I can choose not to die from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, too, but right now, that'd be the only way I could be certain enough to speak a sentence that starts, "I am going to die from..." Most people don't choose their cause of death. Smoke just takes the place of the bullet, and every Bic flicked is another revolver cocked.

Maybe I'll be immortal. If you lived like a god, wouldn't you want to live forever? But unless They modify that old "death and taxes" adage, something is going to kill me.

I don't fear death. I fear the end of life.

Like most, I hope that death is not the end, but unlike many, I'm not gambling on an agenda written by man, compiled by committee, and propagated by fear. The promise of perpetual pleasure in exchange for my piety and poverty? I'll pleasure myself, thank you.

Those who live well leave legacies. A select few become legend. Legacy and legend transcend death. Therefore...

So that I may live forever, I am compelled to live well until the day I die.

(comment on this)

Saturday, September 17th, 2005
6:23 pm - Brainstorm
killertrex

I wrote this paper a few minutes ago for my journalism class and thought I'd share before I printed it off.  It's about male/female neurological differences.  There were a million other femiscientific (my word) facts I was dying to include in here, like the countless advantages (most of which have only been discovered in the past few months) of having an extra X chromosome as opposed to the underdeveloped Y [male] chromosome, some stuff about sexual advantages, and certain extra chemicals that give women better memories, but I had to keep this essay just a few pages long.

For the record, my essay's not intended to be a pseudo-feminist statement, but a scientifically-based factual argument.  I hope I can pull that off and I'd really appreciate any feedback.

Essay behind the cut:

BRAINSTORMCollapse )

(3 comments | comment on this)

Friday, September 2nd, 2005
5:40 pm - I have issues with any politician who would use the term "lickety-quick" so liberally...

wsbsdrewnelson
Mayor of New Orleans cusses up a storm in interview with WWL-AM

"I need this, I need that, I want martial law declared in the city that ELECTED ME! I need the same power the president had after the worst terrorist attack in America's history..."

Wow. Ray Nagin is the worst politician I have ever encountered. Sure he's angry, but how uninspired will the people of New Orleans feel after the initial "I'm mad as hell!" empathy wears off? Him flying off the handle like this shows how NOT in control he is, not to mention his ridicule of those who ARE in control of their faculties. When he could be providing his constituents with a ray of hope that the local authorities are doing the best they possibly can given their limited resources, he's showing how absolutely horrible they're doing at handling the situation. When your leader concedes, what's left to do?

Reminds me of what jesus_h_biscuit had to say about the situation... quit your bitching and DO SOMETHING!

(comment on this)

Monday, July 25th, 2005
12:40 am

wsbsdrewnelson
I know this is old, but I just thought about it...
"Napster hijacked our music without asking.  They never sought our permission. Our catalogue of music simply became available for free downloads on the Napster system."
- Lars Ulrich, drummer of Metallica

Blaming Napster for the fact that people chose to share their music... hey, Lars, have you heard of personal responsibility?  Napster didn't offer the music up, their USERS did.  And c'mon, "hijack" your music "without asking"?  First off, hijacking something is customarily nonconsensual and a bit more forceful than linking a file for download, wouldn't you say?  The definition from dictionary.yahoo.com:

  1. To stop and rob (a vehicle in transit).
  2. To steal (goods) from a vehicle in transit.
  3. To seize control of (a moving vehicle) by use of force, especially in order to reach an alternate destination.

Lars Ulrich is an idiot.

(4 comments | comment on this)

Sunday, July 24th, 2005
6:32 pm

wsbsdrewnelson
In the midst of all this hubbub about GTA: San Andreas comes this article from Wired:  Game Over for Modders?
"The [ESRB] revoked the game's M rating, which labeled it appropriate for players 17 or older, and re-filed it under AO for "adults only" -- raising the minimum age to 18, the year at which a delicate teen becomes less susceptible to the harmful influence of computer-generated cartoon sex."
They're telling me that I could have been harmed by cartoon sex when I was 17, but not 18?  That's so cool how people just magically mature at the stroke of their 18th birthday.  I should thank the ESRB for the little stickers they put on games that would prevent one from even viewing their content until he turns 18.  Those stickers must be really high-tech... I wonder how, if someone over 18 were to view it in the presence of someone under 18, it would magically stop the minor from seeing the content, but not the other person... I also wonder how it makes the determination not to work when handled by minors... and how will it stop under-18s who bought it before the 18+ rating was applied?  Will they send those people the sticker and expect them to put it on?

(3 comments | comment on this)

Saturday, July 23rd, 2005
1:43 pm

wsbsdrewnelson
As an excuse to make a post so this community looks less dead than it is, I would like to direct everyone's attention to our snazzy new usericon:

(comment on this)

Saturday, July 9th, 2005
7:29 am - Revamp and revive

wsbsdrewnelson
The caustictongues info page has been updated. If there's anything else you think should be amended (to include addition or exclusion of interests), please suggest it here.

I will be promoting this community in the near future, beginning with a post in community_promo.

(comment on this)

Sunday, June 26th, 2005
3:24 am - ADMIN NOTICE

drunkenatheist
This community is up for grabs. I mod too many communities, and I had little to no interest in maintaining this one. If you want it, post here. First come, first served.

If no one wants offers to take it by Wednesday, June 29th, I'm deleting it....I'll give everyone until 4:00 PM EST to claim it.


Both ryno_v_6point7 and wsbsdrewnelson have commented about taking it, so this is closed. Everything will be switched over sometime tonight and then they will be the people to bug about the community. Thx.

DA

(7 comments | comment on this)

Thursday, April 28th, 2005
4:18 pm

wiccanrocka
I am a 20 year old bisexual female from the state of Indiana in the United States. I receive newletters from the Human Rights Campaign and was recently informed of a bill introduced to the U.S. Congress that would repeal the "don't ask, don't tell" policy currently enforced among homosexuals in the United States Military. Basically, any known homosexual will be prevented from joining the military or discharged from the military simply because they are gay. This new bill, called the Military Readiness Enhancement Act, would do away with "don't ask, don't tell" and institute complete tolerance of homosexuals in the military.

I wrote to my state representative, voicing my opinion on the bill, and asking him to support it. My request was denied. Apparently, my congressman believes that "homosexual activity is prejudicial to the good order and discipline of the armed services. For that reason, [he] oppose[s] any efforts that would allow known homosexuals to enter into or continue service in the military."

Now, I'm not a naive person, and I did not expect miracles. But I do believe that this world is gradually changing. As homosexual, bisexual, and transgender people are being more open about their sexuality, we are starting to be accepted for who and what we are. Change will not happen in a day... it may not even happen in a decade.

However, we need to let our voices be heard now, so that we can start changing the future one person at a time. For this reason, I'm asking you, whoever you are, wherever you're from, and whatever your sexuality is, to write to the United States Congress in support of this bill. It may not be passed and made into law, but at least we will let the U.S. government know that gay, bi, and transgender people everywhere are willing to stand up for their rights.

If you've gotten this far, thank you for reading, and please show your support for all homosexuals in the military by writing a letter today.

Megan LeRoy

(Cross-posted to many, many communities)

(3 comments | comment on this)

Saturday, January 8th, 2005
8:16 pm - So I was thinking...
mad_mortigan I like the fact that I am an American. I like the fact that I have certain freedoms at my disposal. I really like the fact that I can hurl insults and rants like a monkey reaching in his diaper, scooping up his shit, and tossing it at innocent passersby.

We've reached a point, fellow Americans, where this place is a fuckall suck machine of corporation, blood, and money. We managed to find some way of fucking ourselves into a corner and not knowing if it's a tampon or a strap-on weasel that is in invading our souls by entering the sphincter. Why is this?

Blindness and lack of rallying support.

We see what the fuck is going on, yet we don't band together to say that we won't take it anymore. I figure it's because most of us are happy with the way things are as long as we are lolled in to a slap-happy nap of sensual commercials designed to warp us in to the sheep we want to be. The rest of us probably just don't know how to band together; most likely because we all want to be the leader until things go wrong. Too many groups who have tried to come together end up falling apart because there are too many chiefs and not enough indians. Of course, when the trouble comes knocking at the door, the chiefs tend to run like grotesque cockroaches caught in the kitchen light and all that gas about standing up and being accountable just went out the door. It's disgusting, really, when you think about it.

I think that we really want to be led around by the nose ring. The America we once knew is now dictated by Corporate America and politicians who are only interested in lining their pockets...but then, if you were in their position, you would most likely do the same thing. We do need leadership, really; but we don't need to place complete faith in that leadership. We need to think for ourselves and make our own decisions and not let some suit sitting in a seat of judgement tell us that the only way we can survive is by warring on Third World countries who have, surprisingly, showed they can kick ass when the time comes.

This ideal of America being soft is bullshit! What America is, to me, is disillusioned by our self-imposed grandeur. America has taken on this role as Daddy to the World and steps in places it doesn't belong. We are now the bully on the block and we've come for the lunch money of any country that doesn't cower and join us in our quest to rule this little blue marble. The sad thing is that we were lied to by the highest office in our country and we re-elected the man who started that lie just so we wouldn't look soft. The public owns this land of opportunity but we impune ourselves to a thief just so we can have it peaceful...or, so we act.

And on that thievery, where was the impeachment process for the stealing of the first election? A man gets a blowjob in the highest office and gets shit for it, but a man steals an election and he doesn't even see a judicial proceeding over it. It was proven, it was challenged, yet it was never allowed to be heard because the people who did the challenging had color and the elected officials in the House and Senate wouldn't dare go against the Shrub for fear that he wouldn't let them have anything they wanted...or was it like that really? Figure it, those fuckers are after the same thing any other politician is after, even if they are split into parties. So, what's to say that there wasn't a conspiracy over that? Just a thought.

Anyway, what is America? It's a ticking timebomb in need of another revolution or civil war to get the Pollies on Capitol Hill to hear the one voice the founding forefathers dreamt of.

Or, maybe it just needs to find the reset button...

(comment on this)

Wednesday, November 24th, 2004
1:18 am - Quote this.
futtbuker So you people are sheep. So what? I know you are, and you know you are. But do you need to flaunt it? So why the fuck do you lace your conversations with quotes? You put them in your profiles and away messages. I knew this one guy who would only speak about things he heard through one of his acquaintances (usually me) say first. He couldn't think for himself in the least, so it's no surprise he was a goth.

But my point is why do people all use the same damn quotes. Especially Dave Matthews. Listening to Dave is a phase most homosexual people go through, just like shitting your pants or peeing in your bed when you are little. Everyone does it at one point, so talk about it and move on. What exactly is achieved by these quotes? You establish the fact you can't think for yourself and use quotes to further explain yourself that you like to have fun or hate life or some other generalization.

I can imagine many of you idiots pondering over "Hi, we are all humans who eat and breathe" - Ben Affleck ... wow , I bet the girls think he's the smartest guy on the planet .. plus he's the Daredevil so there you go ..

Then there are the psuedo intellectuals who love to quote famous thinkers, because then they can bask in the reflected intelligence. "hey look ma, I can read what the funny man writed". It proves you can barely read and repeat sentences .. even monkeys can do that. It dosen't make you intelligent, and frankly I've never been enlightened by someone else's quotes. The only good quotes are funny ones, because humor can be quoted for the effect of amusement of the reader.

So here are some quotes that I made up so you can put it in your profile along with the results of 'what flavor of a jam are you'.


"OmG! iT TakeZ mI 23 DaeZ 2 TyeP a SenTaNcE Liek thez BuTT iT maEKz mE KeWl!@@!"- every britneyspears wannabe idiot

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!! AAAARGFGGH!!@!@@#!" - you before I dismember you with a blunt axe

"You have the right to remain silent, antyhing you say..." - The cop that will bust your teenage ass for doing coke with your emo boyfriend

"I'm hungry, give me a quarter." - You in 5 years

"I can't have sex with you, I'm dating a nice guy" - Never Said - Sorry, hasn't happened yet.

"futtbuker is the coolest guy on the planet"" -well it's more of a fact than a quote

(4 comments | comment on this)

Wednesday, November 17th, 2004
11:41 pm - Science without religion is dull. Religion without science in blind.

myrasays
Your theories don't make sense.
The dawn of man is all based on theories.
God is a theory in his own right.
(As was explained to me, I apparently have the technicalities of this comment confused, but as I understand the definition of theory, it is correct.)
If the Roman Empire exsisted before the Middle Ages like they say; how is it that the Romans could configure their own modern plumbing and filtration systems that resemble ours today, but yet, during the Middle Ages, which was supposed to come laterin history, all of that was lost and became a completely foreign idea when they were reduced down to using a pot.
Apparently, time and sequence are only a human concept, as was also explained to me.
I don't believe that religion and science can coincide with each other if we lack the knowledge and certainty of a higher exsistance or evolution. The basis for either of these theories both lack a signifigant amount of physical evidence or any other measures of proof, other than a few lost and broken artifacts on both sides and some "theories" from some guy sitting in a lab.
If the theory of evolution can be taken out of the textbooks and they think that they're being more "politically correct" by renaming the eras, then they should stop basing the eras off of the birth of Christ. Neither theory can be proven. Why give one the victor because of popular religious belief?
Maybe I should stop caring what they preach versus what they teach.
Cheers©

(5 comments | comment on this)

Tuesday, November 16th, 2004
11:34 am - Quizz this
futtbuker I have yet to click my friends page once and not be bombarded by 14.2 million quizzes..what the fuck is up with you people and all these quizzes ... are you so mentally challenged and suffering from such low self esteem that you want to know what kind of a vegetable or kitchen utensil you are ..

You from the basement
- Mom, you'd be happy to know that I am a strawberry.

Mom- That's great dear, although I've always thought of you as an adopted vegetable.

I have tried these quizzes once or twice and no matter what answer I put in , it always gives me the same fuckin result ...I have yet to come across a quizz that has less than 463536 questions... how fuckin demented and bored do you have to be to spend 5 hours answering useless questions just to know what kind of a kisser you are .. I can find that out on a (*start divine music) real, live chick (yes, they do exist) in 2.34 minutes flat...

ofcourse no one really chooses the answers according to their personailty either ...for eg :

How would you describe yourself
A)- A thirteen year old fat whore who gives cam shows to 30 year olds
B)- a FuCKiNg idIOt wHo TyPeS Like This
C)- An ex-marine who tells zit faced 12 year olds that they're beauty queens just to get them to come halfway across the country and give them a blowjob (which shows how special they are)
D)- A fruitcake who doesn't know the difference between ""your"" and ""you're""
E)- The single most sexy, intelligent and charming person in the world, with a phd, a professional pianist and winner of three nobel prizes.

Ofcourse we all know what option you choose , everyone does it so don't fuckin deny it

I peronally think that Quizilla is funded by someone so evil, heartless and intent on destroying today's youth that he can only be a jew or a fat virgin guy who was made fun of as a kid.. or maybe he is a fat jew .. I think Ronald McDOnald fits this profile ... I like how we can blame McDOnalds for everything fucked up in life ... oh yeah, don't even get me started on surveys..

While you're here I would like you all to take this quizCollapse )

(1 comment | comment on this)

Saturday, November 13th, 2004
5:49 pm
mad_mortigan The posts concerning my writings in carmelowrites are the entire chapter; this way you can decide if you want to read something lengthy.

(comment on this)

> previous 20 entries
> top of page
LiveJournal.com